>Perhaps no day in history had such a profound impact on m as November 22,
1963.  At the time I was a third grade student in rural southern Missouri.
Our class was informed shortly afternoon that the President had been shot.
Our teacher was devestated.  As a student in the early sixties, we had not
been exposed to the amount of violence that students today have. We were
sent home from school early that day and there seemed to be a tremendous
amount of confusion.  The television coverage, before cable, was limited to
information on the Kennedy family,  a chronology of life events of JFK, and
seemed to cease, funeral dirges were broadcast instead of normal programming.

The idea that someone besides Oswald was responsible was one that
individuals of all ages were exposed to.  Cuba, the U.S.S.R., and other
nations were mentioned as possible responsible individuals.  Following the
murder of JFK, most of us also watched Jack Ruby shooot Lee Harvey Oswald.
The innocence of America no longer existed.

                        Dan Lawson
                        eez000@mail.connect.more.net

LM_NET Archive Home