> appreciate hearing from any of you or anyone in your school who remembers
> where they were on that day, what they were doing, etc.  Your messages
> will be shared with all our students in a special JFK display.  Thanks

I was a 7th grader at Northwood Jr. High in Houston, Tx on that day. I was
a "student office aide" working in the main office, the only place in the
school that had a radio. When the announcement of the shooting came over the
radio none of us in the office really believed it. The first announcement
was that someone had shot at the President. No details of who had been
injured were available then. The principal decided not to make an
announcement over the p.a. system until more details were available since
he didn't want to upset the students or the teachers. Then, just before
the class changed, the radio said the President was dead. Everyone was
stunned and in shock. Our bell rang and I went to my next class, which
was Science - and we had a test scheduled. I was crying when I got to the
classroom and my teacher asked what was wrong. When I told him the
President had been shot, he didn't believe me. I suspect he thought I was
just trying to get out of the test.

        Melissa Davis                   Librarian
        Splendora Middle School         Splendora I.S.D.
        P O Box 168                     Splendora, TX 77372
        Internet: mbdavis@tenet.edu     PHONE: (713)689-2853
        CompuServe: 75146,771