Dear class,

        I am 48 years old and I was a senior in high school the year JFK was
shot.  I was in French class when the principal came on the p.a. system
and announced that the president had been shot.  A short time later, he
came over the address system and told us that the president was dead.  We
were too stunned to speak. Nothing like this had ever happened in my
lifetime or any of my classmates.  The presidents then always rode in
convertibles so that the people could see them. No one expected someone
to shoot the president.
         Our school play was to be that Friday and
Saturday.  It was cancelled.  Many businesses were closed in honor of the
president's passing.

Kathy Keck  kkeck@ideanet.doe.state.in.us
Crawfordsville High School
One Athenian Dr.
Crawfordsville, IN  47933     317-362-2340

LM_NET Archive Home