Hi--I was in high school algebra (daydreaming!) and boy did I snap to
attention! They told us over the intercom and it really didn't sink in.
One boy asked,"Wasn't he in Texas?" and  was impressed--I barely knew my
own schedule,let alone paid alot of attentioon to news. As I said it
hadn't sunk in,but I went to a "campus h.s." and as I crossed campus to
my next class  the custodian was lowering the flag--that did it! We just
sat and cried after that. To this day when I see a flag at half mast, I
stop and think about why and who was dead etc.. That whole weekend was a
blur of T.V.--We were watching when Oswald was shot--the whole world
seemed like a much scarier place by Monday...

LM_NET Archive Home