        Many thanks to all of you who responded to my request for favorite
books of third graders.  My system doesn't allow me to cut and paste so I
will just list the titles and/or authors suggested.

New True Books (Children's Press)
Boxcar Children Books
Patricia Reilly Giff (author)
Joanna Hurwitz (Ali Baba Bernstein series)
Stories Julian Tells and other Julian stories (Cameron, Ann)
Sideways Stories from Wayside School (Sachar)
The Whipping Boy (Fleischman)
American Girl Series
Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing (Blume)
Indian in the Cupboard and its sequels
Betsy Duffey (author)
Margaret Mahy (Good Fortunes Gang)
Jon Scieska (Time Warp Trio books)
A Dog called Kitty (Bill Wallace)
Hot and Cold Summer (Joanna Hurwitz)
Beverly Cleary(author)
Cam Jansem series (Adler, David)
Encyclopedia Brown (Sobol)
Herbie Jones books (Suzy Kline)
How to Eat Fried Worms (Rockwell)
-Hannah- , -Silver-, and -Next time an Oriole (Whelan, Gloria)
Charlie and the Choclate Factory and James and the Giant Peach(Dahl)
Stone Fox (Gardiner)
Nate the Great series (Sharmat)
Charlotte's Web (White)
Survival, Could You Be a Fox/Deer/Frog?

Once again thanks to all, my cooperating teacher can't wait until her new
internet connection is set up and she can join LM_Net.
                                Sandy

LM_NET Archive Home