The most surprising thing to me about the LM_NET breakfast was that of
the ten people or so seated at our table, one was a published author in
the library media field attending to find out how to get on THE list and
two others sitting beside me were just getting started. Mike Eisenberg's
comments at the microphone that indicated the list now serves over 3,000
members sure fits with the explosive growth I saw represented at our
table! Mike's extemporaneous comments set an excellent tone for the
gathering. It was friendly and encouraging and left me feeling happy to
be networking face-to-face for a bit before resuming this virtual
alternative.

Our vendor hosts are to be congratulated for planning this event on the
necessary scale and thanked for their support. Linworth Press and Oryx
Publishing Company folks were great fun to visit with. And isn't it great
to hear them prowling for manuscripts?

It was a bit disconcerting being one of those people who paraded around
the room trying to peruse everyone's nametag without being too obnoxious,
but how else to find out who I just had to thank for all their
informative postings? Inefficient method though it was, I haven't come up
with anything better...except THANKS! Hope to see you all in Philadelphia.
Joel Shoemaker                         jshoe@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu
South East Junior High                      319-339-6823 (voice)
2501 Bradford Drive                           319-339-5735 (fax)
Iowa City, IA  52240

LM_NET Archive Home