This is my second try at posting a message to the subscribers...FIRST
TIME DID'T WORK!!!

Another request for info on Block Scheduling.

We are 2400+, 10-12 high school considering Block Scheduling.  In the
past our math department has 'nixed' the plan sayiong our already low
TAAS math scores would drop even more.  These teachers believe they need
to reinforce math skills EVERY DAY.  So now.....

1.  Regarding TAAS scores (especially math)--any significant changes?

2.  Is additional staff required to implement BS?

3.  Has there been any change in class size (before & after)?

4.  What about attendance, drop-out rate, etc.?

5.  When and how are assemblies scheduled?...Athletic periods...?

6.  How long have you been on BS?

7.  Also...anything else you think might be a factor to consider!

I have been following the comments regarding BS on LM_NET, and have tried
AskERIC.  Waiting to hear something.

Thank you for your help!

Jan Watkins
Head Librarian