Our PTA bought our copier--it is a Sharp.  I was not in on the selection
of the copier.  They did not buy a coin op model, so when we have classes
in doing research papers (most of the time) we are really tied up working
the copier.  We are a middle school of 1100, and there is only my aide
and me.  I would say go for coin-op, but I guess you will still have to
make a lot of change.  Our kids are always wanting 2 or 3 copies and then
pay us with a 10 dollar bill.  We charge a nickle a copy, which seems to
cover maintenance and toner, etc.  The one thing I would really look for
is speed.  Our copier is the slowest copier I have ever known, and it is
*so* frustrating when 25 kids are lined up and there are 5 minutes til
the bell!  The copier is a hassle, but it seems only fair to have one.  I
certainly would not want to go back to doing research without it
myself--I went to college in the days when we had to use note cards and
write everything down by hand!  Wanda Cuniff in Nacogdoches, TX.

LM_NET Archive Home