I cover paperbacks that seem worth saving with clear contact paper.  I
think this method retains the attractiveness of the paperback medium
(those hard plastic boards are not as solid as hardbacks and not as
pliable as paperbacks - I hate 'em) while keeping the books from falling
apart so quickly.  Popular fiction I am trying to leave alone (I
compulsively want to do every one, but am trying to remember that we are
not an archive!). We do seem to get several "research" type books in
paper, and those I do cover.

Anna Watkins
Librarian
Paideia School