We have 2 CBIS cd-rom towers and they work very well eventhough it took a
while to get the bugs out.  Each tower has seven slots and two of those
seven slots are dedicated to running the tower.  That leaves 5 slots in
each tower to install drives.  We started out with two drives in each
tower and then wanted to add an additional two drives in one of the
towers.  Installing the third drive was no problem, but when we tried to
install the fourth drive it blocked out the other three.  We finally gave
up and installed the extra drive in the third slot of the second tower.
Recently, another school in our area was able to finally get the fourth
drive in their tower working, but it was a whole lot of trouble!  I don't
know what will happen when we want to install a fifth drive So,
make sure that if you get a CBIS tower that you commit the company to
guaranteeing that all your drives will work with no problems. Good luck:-}

On Sun, 27 Nov 1994, Mary Shonkwiler wrote:

> We are considering networking our five CD-ROM workstations. For our LAN
> we have Novell 3.11.  I would like to hear from anyone using Meridian
> Data, Inc. products, especially CD Servers.  Our IBM sales rep suggested
> CBIS, but after seeing the Meridian CD Server at the Follett booth at
> AASL, I am confused about which would be the better choice.
>
> Any other information about implementing a CD-ROM network would be
> appreciated.  I am very grateful to have access to the experience and
> expertise of LM Netters.
>
> Mary Shonkwiler
> Northeast Law, Public Service & Military Magnet High School
> mshonkkc@cyclops.pei.edu

LM_NET Archive Home