I'm in the middle of weeding this ancient collection, and there are scads
of collective biographies -- all in 920, and all unused.   I need
suggestions for collection consideration:  Should I:
1.  chuck anything over 20 years old
2.  keep the titles that look to be useful, checking their contents against
other , more recent possibilities
3.  re-catalog them all into thier "subjects", e.g. inventors into 600.92,
which might get them more use
4.  suggest that the computer lab use them for compiling useful databases
with classes, e.g. title, subject, pages in book, occupation.
5.  ignore them, and wait to see if anyone uses them.
6.  start booktalking them, and see what happens.
7.  all or any of the above.
Please reply directly to me:  <yucht@zodiac.rutgers.edu>
many thanks. Alice

LM_NET Archive Home