a slip of the finger and my message was sent.  I was not done.  Our school
went on line with a direct connect in April 1994.  Our Technology Curriculum
is widely viewed as a model for effective and pervasive integration of
technology into the k-6 curriculum.  The plan seeks to develop fluency in
all aspects of technology use by students.  The plan will be on the Falcon's
Nest as it is adapted.  The vision of the school is:
by the end of 6th grade students should be able to use technology fluently and t
 ransparently
across all areas of the curriculum to accomplish goals related to learning
and research.  They should be able to use technology to explore new areas
of knowledge and to self-direct a significant portion of their learning.
They should be able to access information on a network and be familiar
with the kinds of skills that will be required of them to compete in the
Information age.  Teachers should also see the relevance of technology in
all areas of the curriculum.  This is taken from a brochure prepared by our
school's technology instructor who is now half time district technology
co-ordinator  Skip Via.  You can reach him with your questions at skip@northstar
 .k12.ak.us.
Sandy Haggstrom
Librarian