On Tue, 29 Nov 1994, Peter Genco wrote:

> What is the significance of the number of hooves off the ground of a horse
> carrying a military hero/heroine in a painting or in a statue?

O.K., Peter, let me add another query to yours -- why are the corners of
the tablecloth knotted in the famous painting (Michelangelo?) of The Last
Supper?  Is it a custom of the time or is there some other significance?

Sorry I can't answer *your* question -- but while we're asking .....

Betty
                                .----.
Betty Hamilton, LRS             |    |                701 Cub Drive
bhamilt@tenet.edu           ____|*    ~~~~~~.         Brownfield TX 79316
Brownfield High School      \               |         (806) 637-4523

LM_NET Archive Home