LM_NET: Library Media Networking

I have a fourth grade teacher who asked me before Thanksgiving about poop decks
 on ships.  I thought her students were being crude so ignored the question. It
turns out they were discussing the Mayflower and in the book "if you saide on
the Mayflower..." they say there are no toilets on the ship.  A student noticed
on the poster of the Mayflower that there was a poop deck and he wandered why it
was called that if there were not any bathrooms.  She has some pretty obnoxious
students but this student was serious in his question.  Does anyone know the ans
 wer?  I told her to tell the student they used honey pots but as for the source
of the name poop deck I did not know.  Sandy Haggstrom  ftslh@aurora.alaska.edu

LM_NET Archive Home