If an adult had asked for the fantasy titles, we would have responted
if we had an interest, and deleted if we didn't.  Why can't we do the
same for a kid?  It's not like we are opening to all the kids on AOL
at home.  It has to be from a subscriber's account.  Personally, it was
something I liked for finishing the week.  I put an announcement on the
daily noyices, posted a sign at the front desk, and provided scrap paper
for anyone to list their favorite titles.  I'll have a student volunteer
compile the results, and one of my student technology guides will be
by my side as we post our results -- directly to the kid, not to the
list.  Will the kid feel welcome to post his "hit"  I sure would think twice.
Also if you have ever used kidsnet, you'de know why kids would be
turned off.  Talk about cramped mailbox.  If anyone knows of another
source for class exchanges, I'd be very interested.
Theresa Toy t_toy@mentor.unh.edu Rundlett Jr High, Concord, NH 03301

LM_NET Archive Home