On Sat, 1 Oct 1994, Nancy J. P. Lively wrote:

> In my own library I have not had to write any requisitions EVER that were
> to drain down Federal Funds.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here.  Any time I ask for
anything, whether it be from local or federal funds, I have to write
requisitions.

> of times.  But I am a resident of Maryland and I know exactly what has
> happened to a lot of our Federal Funds in the past few years.  Instead of
> them being spent in small amounts library by library our money has been
> pooled and has setup and developed what may just be the best new Gopher
> in the USA SAILOR.  This Gopher is available free for every citizen of
> the state of Maryland.  All of us will have a free local phone call to
> SAILOR by the end of 1995.

Thanks for a very informative post, Nancy.  Your new gopher sounds
wonderful.  I talked to our Noon Lions Club on Wednesday (I'll post my
thanks to those who sent me messages), and by the time I finished, they
were all wanting on the internet (not bragging on my presentation -- just
talking to a very receptive, eager bunch).  Because we are "remote,"
everything we do must be long distance.  How are you managing the FREE local
phone call for EVERYONE?  I *dream* of such an opportunity!

> the mean time, I hope we will all support any efforts ALA and others
> attempt to keep those funds coming at least at current levels.  By the
> way, why don't you all telnet to our very close to perfect (how is that
> for bragging?) Gopher.  It isn't all it will be, but it certainly is
> marvelous for a brand new baby.  Sailor.lib.md.us

Yes, I certainly will on both counts -- support ALA AND look at your
brand new baby!

Thanks again.

                                .----.
Betty Hamilton, LRS             |    |                701 Cub Drive
bhamilt@tenet.edu           ____|*    ~~~~~~.         Brownfield TX 79316
Brownfield High School      \               |         (806) 637-4523
                                  \     {
                                    \  }
                                      ~

LM_NET Archive Home