Many thanks to all of you who responded to my request for books emphasizing
the relationship between Native Americans and their respect for the earth.
The science and art teachers in my school are launching a unit on trash and
wanted to link it with a classroom unit in the 3rd and 4th grades on Native
Americans.  Many people responded, and some books were mentioned repeatedly.
Here's the list:

Brother Eagle, Sister Sky, by Susan Jeffers
A River Ran Wild, by ? Cherry
The Talking Earth, by Jean Craighead George
Keepers of the Earch, by Michael Caduto
Thriteen moons on Turtle's Back: A native American Year of Moons, by Joseph
Bruchac and Jonathan London
_Great Mystery, We Feel You All Around!:  Nature Study with Children Based
on Ancient Seneca Wisdom_ published by a group called:
                Meeting Ground
                P. O. Box 384
                Freeland, WA  98249

--