In message <199410050330.WAA11255@boombox.micro.umn.edu> Guusje Zimmerman Moore
writes:
> As a parent, if I found out my kids were using their valueable learning
> time to view an R rated video during class time I would hit the
> roof

I'd have to disagree.  There are many R-rated films which are very
educational.  I'd also have to know why the movie had an R rating.
Seems movied filled with violence, hatred, blood and gore can easily
get a PG rating.  But God-forbid that you show a (gasp!) a naked body
or two people in love--now, that's an R for sure.

In our media world, the only time it would be acceptable to show a
woman's bare chest would be if someone had just shot it off with
a shotgun.  That's rated PG.

P.S. I'm feeling cynical tonight.  Bad week after a server crash!

Stephen E. Collins       http://www.micro.umn.edu/staff/sec
University of Minnesota           sec@boombox.micro.umn.edu
Distributed Computing Services (612) 625-1300 Fax: 625-6817

            Remember to give back to the net.

LM_NET Archive Home