I have to disagree.  There are several excellent teaching films which may
have a R.  Romeo and Juliet....You can delete the bedroom scene.  A teacher
does not have to show the whole film to make the point .  Films shoud be
previewed and judged on content value before discard.  Student age should
also be of consideration.

On Tue, 4 Oct 1994, Guusje Zimmerman Moore wrote:

> As a parent, if I found out my kids were using their valueable learning
> time to view an R rated video during class time I would hit the
> roof...and woe betide the teacher when I came back down....school is a
> place for learning...and there are better vehicles out there to teach
> than a "R" rated video.
>
>                            Guusje Moore
>                  Librarian, Housman Elementary School
>                            Houston, Texas