Mary Hichborn,              Coolidge Middle 617942-9158 (HICHBORNM@A1.MEC.MASS.E
 DU) wrote:
: Does anyone know of a novel of high literary quality that works well with
: heterogenous eighth grade students.  We teach Romeo and Juliet, Farenheit 451,
: The Contender.  We are looking for an additional title, maybe something of
: American History fiction or something with a female protagonist-- similar to
: Lyddie.  Any ideas.  We have three teachers with ideas ranging from Across Fiv
: Aprils to The Pearl etc... we are desperately looking for ideas.  Much
: appreciated.  Reply here or to me directly.  If I get a lot of responses, I wi
 ll
: post a hit (if I know what that means)  This is my first week on LM_NET and I
: love it, but I am not sure whether I am doing all of this correctly or not.
: Anyway,, thank you all and everryone for your help and your great support!!!!
: Mary
: HichbornM@a1.mec.mass.edu@in
How about A Gathering of Days by Joan Blos, Fallen Angels by Walter Dean
Myers or Wolf by the Ears by Ann Rinaldi? Christine

LM_NET Archive Home