We're running Follett pre-Unison (they haven't shipped it yet!) over
Novell 2.1 (soon to be 3.12) with an Optinet CD-ROM server w/ 6 drives
(3 diff. manufacturers), and we shut it down every night!  Only takes
3-4 minutes to get everything going in the morning.  I've read that
Netware _likes_ to be brought down once in a while to de-fragment
memory.

  Don Momberg, Watchung Hills RHS, Warren NJ   donmomberg@bix.com

Mary Alice Anderson (MARYALICE@VAX2.WINONA.MSUS.EDU) wrote:
: took a while to get in the habit, but we leave our file server on all the
: time.  It takes too long to load all the software and cd's in if we turn
: it off.  Plus, we are going to use it for remote (dial in) access of our
: Novell Network.

: Mary Alice Anderson
: Winona MN Middle School

LM_NET Archive Home