I am an elementary librarian, grades 3-5.  Our district is
thinking about adopting an automated system and would like
all schools to use the same system.  Rather than talk to
salesmen, I am hoping to hear, in simple terms Please!, the reasons
Dynix would be better than Follette.  What are the features that
would be most helpful, and are there a lot of features that
would never be used at the elementary level. I would visit a
school and get the information first hand, but there is only
one elementary school in Alaska using Dynix, and the librarian
is too new in the building to know all about it.  Our principal is
trying to look ahead, and he thinks Dynix might be the best
choice in 5 or ten years, when technology would be best
served by a more sophisticated system, but he is even less
literate about this stuff than I am.  Please send responses
to me at my e-mail address, and I will post a hit after I
have received enough responses.
Thanks in advance.  Sandy Krueger    Palmer, AK
PMSLK@TUNDRA.ALASKA.EDU

LM_NET Archive Home