THE BROCADED SLIPPER - Vuong (Vietnam)
THE TALKING EGGS - San Souci (American South)
MARIA TOLETE - Uribe (Venezuela)
THE RAINBOW-COLORED HORSE - Belpre (Puerto Rico)
YEH SHIN - Ai-Ling Louie,  ill. by Ed Young (China)

The Houghton Mifflin reading series for third grade has a whole unit
on Cinderella stories and includes several of them.
Sandra Gilbert, Fiest Elementary, Houston
On Tue, 25 Oct 1994, Jacque Burkhalter wrote:

> I am teaching a multicultural folktales unit using Cinderella stories.
> I've used The Rough Faced Girl and Mufaro's Beautiful Daughters, as well
> as Perrault's version.  Any other suggestions?  I am particularly
> interested in an Asian and South Central American version.  Thanks!
> Jacque Burkhalter Fidalgo Elementary School Anacortes, WA
> jburkhal@eagle.esd189.wednet.edu

LM_NET Archive Home