Dear LM_NET Members,

   We recently have had a huge upswing in the number of postings to
LM_NET. In order to add value to our group, and keep our postings of
interest to most members, we are proposing the following procedure as a
guide to posting reference questions to LM_NET.  This will be added to
our "Welcome to LM_NET" message.

REFERENCE QUESTIONS ON LM_NET
   Reference questions tend to have a more limited interest than many
   questions posted to LM_NET, and are inappropriate for TARGET/HIT use.
   Since LM_NET has a broad focus with wide-ranging discussion topics,
   we ask that reference questions be preceded with the words:  REF->
   in the subject heading of your e-mail message.

   Note:  Please include a list of all the references you have already
   checked.  This list of references should appear at the end of your
   message so others do not duplicate your efforts.

   For example, if you are posting a REF-> question to LM_NET asking
   where you might find the author of the "Nameless Detective" series,
   your subject heading would look like this:

   Subject:  REF->  Nameless Detective author name wanted

   In the body of the message you would then ask for the information
   desired, especially your e-mail address, where the answer is to be
   sent.  We want to discourage the sending of messages to all
   2,000+ LM_NET members, when they are intended for just one of us.

REF-HIT->
   If you are certain that the source of the answer will interest
   _most_ LM_NET members, you may want to post your answer to LM_NET as
   a REF-HIT->. Please include information about how and where you found
   the answer.

   Subject:  REF-HIT->  Nameless Detective author name source

Thank you for your cooperation.

Peter Milbury and Mike Eisenberg, LM_NET Co-owners

LM_NET Archive Home