     Hi. I am the Media Generalist at Londonderry High
     School in Londonderry, NH. I would appreciate it if you
     could pass this letter onto any teachers in your
     district or school that you think might respond to our
     students. I am sorry if anyone has a problem with my
     posting this type of letter here I apologize. One can
     only monitor just so many conferences and I look at
     LMNET and Kidsphere to find projects to pass onto my
     teachers and to also post projects. Thanks.
      Lynne Jackson. lynne@leotech.mv.com

        In July of 1947, in Roswell, New Mexico, an incident
    occured.  A farmer reported something had crashed on his
    land, leaving unusual debris.  The US Air Force
    investigated, and proclaimed it a UFO, an
    extraterrestrial.  A short time later, they changed
    their story, declaring that the crash had been a weather
    balloon.  Yet, security remained tight at the army air
    field.
        Now, years later, over 350 people have testified
    that something from space did land in Roswell, and that
    life forms were recovered and kept alive.
        Since the freedom of Information Act was passed,
    several attempts to get the materials ralated to
    Roswell from various government agencies have resulted
    in delays, substitutions and black out documents.  The
    only way to get the materials released complete and
    intact is to have President Clinton sign an executive
    order stating such.
        OMNI Magazine, which has followed the case closely,
    has published a petition requesting that the president
    sign such an order.  If there is nothing there but a
    weather balloon, so be it, but if there is more, we all
    deserve to know.
        The students of Londonderry High School's Science
    Fiction and Fantasy classes (Londonderry, New Hampshire)
    have embraced the OMNI cause, and are attempting to
    collect as many petitions as possible, from schools all
    over America and the world.  They will then be sent as a
    group to OMNI and subsequently to congress and the
    president.
        Why send them en masse?  The students believe that
    by sending an extraordinary number of petitions,
    gathered in a grassroots effort by the young people of
    America, they will send a message that this generation
    will be proactive in seeing that government serves the
    people.
        What can you do?  Locate the October issue of OMNI
    and read the short article on Roswell.  Make copies of
    the petition located on the facing page and gather as
    many signed petitions as you can.  Then send them to:
                PROJECT STAAR LITE
                STEPHEN JUSTER
                LONDONDERRY HIGH SCHOOL
                295 MAMMOTH RD.
                LONDONDERRY, NH 03053
        Project Staar Lite is "Students Taking Action About
    Roswell-Londonderry Information Tallying Effort."
        We need to recieve the petitions by November 20th,
    so that we can get them to OMNI by their deadline.  If
    you have any questions or concerns, please call the
    school at 1-603-432-6941.  Ask for Steven Juster.  We
    can fax you a copy of the petition if you do not recieve
    OMNI at your school.
        We are gathering petitions and interests, but we can
    only do so much.  Many schools, uniting on this project,
    could make an impact and perhaps change the world.  Join
    us.

       If you would like to ask any questions you can call
       Steven (our SF teacher) or e-mail me Lynne Jackson -
       lynne@leotech.mv.com. Thanks so much! The students
       are really excited about this project.

 * OLX 2.1 TD * Chicken heads are the chief food of captive
alligators.

 * Origin: NETIS Public Access Internet (603)432-2517 (1:132/189)

LM_NET Archive Home