Greetings!

I would like to inform all library media professionals about IASL.
(International Association of School Librarianship)

IASL has been around for over 23 years. Each year a week long professional
conference is held in a different corner of the earth.  The mission of IASL
is to prodive an international forum for those people interested in
promoting effective school library media programs as viable instruments in
the education process.

If you missed the conference this past summer in Pittsburgh, we would love
to see you next summer (July 17-20, 1995) in Worchester, England or in 1996
in Ocho Rios, Jamaica or in 1997 in Vancouver, BC, Canada!

Membership information is available from me or from the following:

     IASL Secretariat
     PO Box 19586
     Kalamazoo, MI 49019-0586

Membership is only US $25/year or US $70/3years and includes the quarterly
newsletter, semi-annual journal (premiering in Jan. 95) and reduced
conference registrations fees.

PETER GENCO
LIBRARIAN/GERMAN TEACHER
FAIRVIEW HIGH SCHOOL