Dear LM_NET Members,

     On November 7 we are having our quarterly Faculty Media
Discussion Group Meeting.  For this session the 1994 Newbery Winner,
THE GIVER by Lois Lowry is up for review.  I have asked several
parents and teachers to read the book.  All, who have read it, agree
it is a very interesting, thought provoking book but question its
appropriateness for an elementary library.

    Input from other librarians as to the feedback that they are
receiving on this latest Newbery Award Winner is invited. I would
like to share your comments with our faculty on November 7.

Please respond to me.
Thank you.

Fredna Cockerham                   frednac@jessie1.k12.ar.us
Jessieville Elementary School      Phone # 501-984-5624
P.O. Box 4                         FAX 501-984-5382
Jessieville, AR 71949

LM_NET Archive Home