I agree; it's a helluva book.  I have 2 copies in my elementary library
and they are usually out (overall reading interest/level of school is
less than desired).  The only kids reading it are those who can handle
it.  My own daughter read it last year (in 5th grade) and said that yes
it is heavy but she is glad she read it.  I predict this title will
become a classic in children's literature as there are children out there
who can and NEED such literature without simply reading adult or YA books.

Tim Lance / Librarian
Cook Elementary / Austin ISD (Texas)
timlance@tenet.edu

LM_NET Archive Home