Many thanks to everyone who found time to respond to the
questionnaire "How is the Internet used in your libraries?" which I
posted on the 19th of October, 1994.  Thanks for sharing your
insights with me.  I got 48 responses.  Unfortunately, this is a
rather small sample for my research.  I need more information to
roundout my study.  So I am posting my questionnaire a second time
hoping to get some more responses.  Your assistance is greatly
appreciated.

Here it goes.

    My name is Eleonora Zenina-Nikulina.  I am from Moscow, Russia.
Presently, I am working on my professional paper to complete my
Master's degree in Educational Media/Library Science at the
University of Central Arkansas in Conway.  The focus of my research
is the utilization of the Internet in the libraries.  Would you,
please, take some time to help me complete my study by answering the
following questions?  I would be most grateful.
    The questionnaire consists of 11 questions concerning the use of
the Internet in your libraries.
While answering questions, please, delete responses which do not apply
to your library.  If you can only answer questions 1 and 2, I'll
greatly appreciate your responses.  If in question 7 your answers are
a and b, you may delete the last 4 questions.  Feel free to add or
comment.  Thank you in advance for your expertise and professional
assistance in my research.
    Please, send your answers directly to me: ez/3357@cub.uca.edu
I'll compile your responses and post them back to the entire
listserv.  Thanks again for your time and cooperation.
Sincerely, Eleonora.

1. Indicate type of your library, where you are from (country or
state, if in the USA).
    a. public  b. school  c. academic  d. research
    e. other (please, list)
2. Does your library have access to the Internet?
    a. yes  b. no
If no, what are the reasons?
    a. cost  b. not necessary
    c. complex to operate  d. lack of information
    e. all of the above f. other (please, list)
If yes, how is your library connected to the Internet?
    a. direct dial-up  b. through academic institution
    c. through commercial information provider
    d. other (please, list)
3. What Internet tools are available in your library?
    a. Archie  b. Email  c. FTP  d. Gopher  e. Listserv  f. Mosaic
    g. Telnet  h. UseNet News  i. Veronica  j. WAIS  k. WWW
    l. all of the above  m. other (please, list)
4. How does your library use the Internet?
    a. cataloging  b. reference  c. collection development
    d. interlibrary loan  e. all of the above
    f. other (please, list)
5. Is the Internet improving your library services?
    a. yes  b. no
If yes, how? (please, comment)
6. Is Internet access free for your library?
    a. yes  b. no
If no, how is your library charged?
    a. per hour  b. per month  c. other (please, list)
7. Who has access to the Internet services in your library?
    a. librarians  b. library technical staff  c. patrons
8. What type of patron has access to the Internet in your library?
    a. everybody in the community  b. library card holders
    c. faculty  d. students  e. other (please, list)
9. Is Internet access free for your library patrons?
    a. yes  b. no
If no, how are your patrons charged?
    a. prepaid account  b. per hour  c. per month
    d. on a pay after basis  e. other (please, list)
10. In your opinion, how is the Internet most frequently used by your
library patrons?
    a. to search other libraries' catalogs
    b. to search on-line indexes or databases
    c. to get information from governmental organizations
    d. to make contacts
    e. to share ideas and information
    f. other (please, list)
11. Does your library provide training for Internet users?
    a. yes b. no
If yes, what kind of training? (please, list)

LM_NET Archive Home