Thanks for the many responses to my request for your recommendation of
keynote speakers for a technology-related conference.  I've compiled the
results and they include:

Jan Davidson (Davidson and Associates Software)
David Thornburg (author and consultant)
Annette Lamb (U of Toledo --although I think she moved--and author)
Bernajean Porter (consultant)
Elliot Solloway
Fred Rogers (of Fredmail fame)
Willard Dagget (mentioned 4 times)
Ruth Marshall (Univ. of South Carolina Library School)
Alan November (mentioned 3 times)
Mike Eisenberg (Syracuse and LM_NET--mentioned 6 times)
Chuck McClure (Syracuse)
Peter Milbury (LM_NET)
Jamie McKenzie (Bellingham, Washington)
Don Descy (Mankato State)
Frank Birmingham (Mankato State)
Ted Hasselbring (Peabody University's Center for Learning &
Technology--mentioned 3 times)
Owen Gaede (Florida State University)
Lee Olsen (IBM)
Rockley Miller (editor of MultiMedia Monitor)
Tracey Bailey (1993 National Teacher of the Year and now the Challenger
Space Education Center, Cape Kennedy, FL)

These are the names that came in.  I added places and/or affiliations if
they were provided or if I knew them.  I would like to thank the person who
kindly mentioned MY name, but I certainly would not consider myself a
KEYNOTE speaker.  GIve me a workshop or small group anytime, but KEYNOTERS
really earn their money as far as I'm concerned--especially some of the
great ones mentioned above.  Of course this is not to imply that all
keynoters demand big bucks.  Some good ones don't and some bad ones do and
vice versa.  Anyway, thanks for your input.  I hope some of you find it
interesting.

Donna Baumbach
University of Central Florida
baumbadmail.firn.edu