     We are just starting retrospective conversion using Follett's Unison and
have been advised not to use patron barcodes at all.  Typing in a four digit ID
number is supposed to be quicker than looking for the patron barcode on a
roladex.  We are a middle school with nearly 1200 students.  Do you agree or
disagree with this idea?    Also any other advise on retrospective conversion
would be gratefully accepted.  Thanks
                    Priscilla Dolan, LIbrarian
                    Chief Joseph Middle School
                    Bozeman, MT        CJDOLA@hawks.bps.montana.edu