Hello LM_NET Colleagues,

  *Only a few more days to go.....

  LM_NET is proud to announce a new, value added feature:  "LM_NET
Unlurking Day". The very first LM_NET Unlurking Day will be on Tuesday,
September 13. (We use the term "unlurk" with its whimsical, humorous
connotation only-- no pejorative meaning is intended!)    ;-)

  Unlurking Day is especially for those who have _never_ (well, maybe
almost never) posted a message to LM_NET.  It is a chance for lurkers to
dive into the great watering hole, and share your cup with the rest of
us.  On LM_NET Unlurking Day, all LM_NET lurkers are encouraged to
introduce themselves, and share a few sentences about their work,
experiences, hopes and dreams, or whatever they feel is appropriate.

  If the day is a success, we will have more of them.  Judging from the
enthusiastic responses to Mel's Target posting, we will be scheduling
many more LM_NET Unlurking Days.  (In case you don't know, an Internet
lurker is a discussion group member who does not participate in the
discussions.)

  Here is a reminder of how to post to LM_NET.

POSTING YOUR MAIL MESSAGES TO ALL LM_NET MEMBERS
   How do you send a message to all of the other subscribers of LM_NET?
   It's easy. Just send an e-mail message as you would to anyone else with
   an electronic mail address.  Send to:  LM_NET@SUVM.SYR.EDU
                                     or:  LM_NET@SUVM   (Bitnet only)

  For those of you who are worried about excessive messages showing up in
your mailbox, we suggest setting your mail to "digest" for the day.
 - Simply send the following message to:  listserv@suvm.syr.edu
                For Bitnet members only:  listserv@suvm
  set lm_net digest

  We are looking forward to Tuesday, September 13, and our very first
LM_NET Unlurking Day!  Please join us with a special message.

Peter Milbury and Mike Eisenberg, for LM_NET

LM_NET Archive Home