While in an electronics super store recently,  I noticed an odd Sony device
on their Demo shelves.  It is called and electronic book reader. I learned
it was the very last of the very few units they or Sony has sold.

In '89 or 90 Sony tried to market these , going so far as to produce
numerous titles on the now obselete 3" CD.  I was able to get one book as
part of the deal: Roger Ebert film reviews from 1991.  The device is
designed as a search engine.

If any of you are so inclined, you may be able to buy one before they
disappear from commerce.  I got mine for $60 with a manufacturer's
guarantee.

I imagine it will be a great item to pass around at future technology
displays and shows.

Two things the electronic book demos:

Sony and Japanese can read the future wrong as easily as anyone

&
The death of the book has been highly exagerated.
Cybernetically,

Bob Koechley
2521 Chamberlain Ave.
Madison, WI 53705