Both Roselle Weiner & Sharyn McKee have asked for an easy way to post
HITs (and I'm sure others aren't sure how to do it as well) so here goes:

Assuming that your email system is using PINE:
1. Save each answer to your TARGET into a separate, single folder. I use
a short one-word descriptor for the target subject, like "weeding".

2. When you think that it's time to post the HIT, change to the target
folder and export each message to your file storage area. The "E" command
key does this. PINE will ask for a file name to store the message in.
Give it one easy for you to remember & short (cause you're going to do
this for every message in this folder). After you've done this for the
first message go to the next one and repeat the process. PINE will now ask
for the file name (spell it _exactly_ as you did it the first time!) and
will then tell you the file "already exists, append?" You answer Yes,
because you want to add this message to the end of the first one. After
you've done this for the entire folder, you will have a single file with
all the messages in it (along with all the header info, etc.)

3. Download this file to your local computer so you can do the next step
off-line.

4. Off-line, use your favorite word-processor to edit the file the way
you want it. You can strip out the header info, erase personal comments,
eliminate fancy signatures, etc. Be sure your final save is in ASCII (not
formatted specifically for your word-processor).

5. Once you have the file like you want it, UPLOAD it to your internet
file storage area.

6. Go into you email area and compose a new message to LM_NET. When you
get to the "Message Contents" area, press <Ctrl-R> to read-in a file.
When it asks for the file name, give the filename you just uploaded.

7. and Voila, your edited HIT-> file is now in your message for you to
send out just like you would any other message.

Hope this helps.

        Melissa Davis                   Librarian
        Splendora Middle School         Splendora I.S.D.
        P O Box 168                     Splendora, TX 77372
        Internet: mbdavis@tenet.edu     PHONE: (713)689-2853
        CompuServe: 75146,771
PS: and hope I didn't make any mistakes in the above, I did it from
memory. If I did, I apologize ahead of time. Please don't shoot the messager!

LM_NET Archive Home