To: BMCDONNE@K12.UCS.UMASS.ED
Subject: target/hit comment

B>  The theory behind the target/hit idea is a
 >very good one, but perhaps the reason people
 >don't use them consistently is that they're
 >so close connotatively.  I always see a
 >big archery target with an arrow hitting it.
 >Perhaps a question mark with the word "target?"

I think people don't use them because of why we do this
telecommunications stuff.  Those of us who participate regularly on
lists do so because we like the idea of talking with a lot of people
simultaneously.  I do on occasion send private messages, but most of the
things I comment on I feel might interest someone else.  Also, I'm an
instant kind of guy.  If I wanted to reach a lot of people in a couple
of weeks, I'd send a letter to the editor, snail mail.

--Jim Maroon

 * QMPro 1.52 * We have met the enemy, and he is BIG!
Views expressed by this individual are not necessarily
those of the Tulare County Office of Education