 Dear friends on LM_NET:

     I usually respond when someone asks for a message of greeting to
Internet newcomers. Now I come to you with a special request for a
group of young Cub Scouts (about 50 miles west of Houston) who are earning
Communication Badges under the tutelage of an old high school classmate of
mine, Duwayne Engelhardt, who is a media and computer coordinator for a small
school district in Texas. Below my signature is their request.

     What better way to show these boys who will be the next generation
of Internet users exactly how powerful this medium is already. Please
join with me (and my nine-year-old daughter Sabrina) in writing a short
greeting to these boys. Please send the messages (just a few lines or a
welcome greeting) to duwayne@tenet.edu this evening (Mon. 19th) and all
day on Tuesday Sept. 19.

    A Virtual Thank You,

Russell Smith  rssmith@tenet.edu       Home Phone 915-235-1228
Technology Consultant                  Home Fax   915-235-0633
Region XIV Education Service Center    Work Phone 915-675-8600
Abilene, Texas 79601                   Work Fax   915-675-8659

Dear Russell,

     Would you please send greetings to my Cub Scout Patrol. We meet
Tuesday, 9-20-94 at 6:00 PM and are studying for our Communication Badge of
Achievement.  I wanted them to e-mail other Cub Scouts but have not had
any luck in finding them.  I have 8 boys in the 4th grade and 2 in the
5th grade who will be learning about computer communications and the
Internet.

Thanks,

Duwayne Engelhardt  duwayne@tenet.edu

LM_NET Archive Home