Suffice to say, I have always valued the one year I spent early in my
"career" as a cataloger in a university library.  That year gave me the
confidence *and* the tools to maintain a decent card catalog all these
years and now an electronic catalog.

I have always viewed my cataloging as one step in keeping my house in
order so I could provide the best service possible to my "customers".
Cataloging and public service are two sides to the same coin and the coin
is called service...

To question the relative value of technical services is ridiculous!  To
put on a theater production takes several specialities.  To put on a
library takes several specialties also!  It's a team, guys and dolls ;-)

Carol Anderheggen
carolan@ids.net
LM_NET IS A JOY!

LM_NET Archive Home