> Pam has a lab of 30 Apple IIgs computers on a Corvus network that are used by
 th
> Also has anyone had success in using a Apple IIgs as a worker on a Mac
> appletalk network?

  One of the schools I service has a Josten's lab of II GS workstations
(about 25) using a Macintosh file server. The software looks excellent,
but they have had lots of downtime in the last year according to the lab
aide. She also complains the machines are very slow. Jostens supplies
tech support under a warranty plan and maintenance agreement (find out
these money details from Jostens).

  I noticed last spring that Pasadena ISD (a really huge district just
outside Houston) severed their ties with Josten's for maintenance and
hired two full-time tech people to maintain the numerous Josten's labs
they have. I don't know how they doing since... maybe someone on Tenet
from Pasadena will respond (hint, hint!).

Russell Smith  rssmith@tenet.edu       Home Phone 915-235-1228
Technology Consultant                  Home Fax   915-235-0633
Region XIV Education Service Center    Work Phone 915-675-8600
Abilene, Texas 79601                   Work Fax   915-675-8659

LM_NET Archive Home