Dear Fellow Internetters,

        I have to bring you up to date on our BIG success here with the
American Girl Dolls Hiso opps...History challenge.

Here are the scores from my school:

>From 9/18-9/20.....237 points
9/21...............192 points
9/22...............293 points
9/26...............100 points
9/27...............165 points
9/28...............1188 points.  That's 1,188 points in one day!

I told the children we would have to start wrapping up the project because
I simply could not keep up with their enthusiasm for the project.  This was
on Monday, when we were at a low score of 100.  I thought it best to quit
while ahead.  Do you see what happened?  It's incredible.

Mrs. Brown's 4th grade class had 641 points alone.  But she was beat out in
the last few days by Mr. Sklarsky's 4th grade class with 671 points!  THe
only classes which didn't participate were 2 of our 3 sixth grade classes.
The third class had 77 points.  One fifth grade had 232 points, and their
teacher made them be very selective and worthy facts to include.  In all,
a good time was had by all.

So far, I've heard from 17 states.

We had terrific news coverage in our Allegheny and Beaver County Newspapers.

This is worth mentioning.  THe reporter's name was Adam Boone.  When I told
him he couldn't leave without writing out a fact for us, he thought about
it for a minute or two and then wrote:  "My grand uncle 6 times removed,
went west, leading settlers into the Wilderness of Kentucky when Felicity
was 9 and he was thirty (30)!

The children LOVED this when I made the announcement in the morning address.
After that, I caught many of them researching more about Daniel Boone.

The newspaper article mentions at the end that we'd like to hear more from
our local residents about local historical facts.  If there's anything I
think you'd like to know more about, I'll post it to the net.

It's been great fun.  Oh yes, another photographer and reporter were there
today.  I'm beat!

Love, Mim    xoxoxoxo

P.S.  Thank you for all of your supportive comments.

LM_NET Archive Home