Sue, i agree with you 100%.  In the past several weeks I have noticed a
real offensive/defensive streak on the Net; something I see as really
unfortunate.  For those of us who have to muster the courage to "unlurk"
I find it incredibly intimidating to realize that whatever/however i say
it may violate some unwritten code.

I find LM_NET to be a very valuable resource to me.  Someone recently
commented about how it has ended the isolation she feels in her library.
i seconded, third, fourth, and even fifth that statement.  It is a shame
if reading a message about sending a greeting or finding class penpals
offends so many.  Why not just skip the message???  Why make so many of
us feel unwelcome?

Well, excuse my semi-flame!!  (At least it isn't in caps!!)

Susan Evans   (sevans@strauss.udel.edu)
W.B. Simpson Elementary
Camden DE 19934

LM_NET Archive Home