Some time ago, someone posted a message for his/her principal who was
looking for titles of books that dealt with peer pressure/bullies/taking
responsibility for one's own actions/making good choices.  A title was
teasing me, but it didn't come until yesterday, and of course I have long
since gotten rid of the original message.  The book is called *Risk 'n
roses* by Jan Slepian.  It is about a girl who moves to a new neighborhood.
She is so desperate for friends when she moves that she falls into the wrong
crowd, and does something that violates her own moral code in order to
cement her friendship with the bullying leader of the group.  She then has
to deal with the consequences.

* amangels@quiknet.com (Anne Mangels) *
* Library Media Coordinator           *
* Rocklin Unified School District     *