Hi folks,

I've been asked to do a conference presentation on the "New Library"
(at the high school level: grades 7-12) for a group of independent
school computer teachers and administrators.  I would like to give
them a very general idea of the sorts of technology out there now and
I would also like to tell them ideally (yet with a hope of being
realistic) where we should be in five years.
Could you please take a few moments to answer a few questions - and
add any comments of your own - then reply to me, directly?

What of the following computer technology do you presently have in
your library:

1. CDs?           a) How many?
                       b) Are they networked?
2. Workstations for wordprocessing or other applications?
            a)  How many?
            b) Are they networked?
            c) What are they (e.g., mostly IBM compatible 386s)
3.An automated library system which includes
              a) automated circulation
              b) automated catalog
4.  Do library users (other than yourselves!) have access to the
internet?
      If yes, how is that organized?

5.  Where do you actually believe you will be, technologically, 5
years in the future?

6.  Where do you think you should be, technologically, 5 years in the
future?

7.  Comments?

Thank you very much for your help!
Manal Stamboulie