Sorry to say, I deleted the request from someone looking for novels that
could be used by the Math teacher, in a high school (I think).

The February issue of NCTE journal, _Voices from the Middle_, has an
interesting and appropriate article on "New Dimensions in Mathematical
Literacy" by Nancy Sundberg.  Her bibliography mentions:
        Abbott, E.A., _Flatland: A romance of many dimensions_ (Harper,
1983 -- from the 1884 original)
        Heinlein, R.A., "--and he built a crooked house" in T.Carr (ed)
_Classic Science Fiction: The First Golden Age_ (Harper, 1978)

She also refers to _A Wrinkle in Time_ by Madeline L'Engle.

Hope these can help.

Katharine Bruner                        Brown Middle School
brunerk@ten-nash.ten.k12.us             Harrison TN

LM_NET Archive Home