sorry: the cat hit the wrong button, and sent off my message before I was
ready.  to continue:
The local public library desperately needs to expand/upgrade/relocate,
but funds are very limited.   My school library equally needs to expand/
etc., but same problem.
K-2 school library is fine for that age pop[ulation.
High school kids go to regional High school, with fair-good library.,
All kids are bused, so school district is looking at ways to make school
facility into more community-based oo[operation.
Has this scenario worked well in any other rural areas?  In the next 5 years
I will need to service a popultion with reading levels/interests from
2nd grade to adult.   Is this idea political suicide, or pragmatic possibility?
All suggestions, comments, etc.  *especially* from people who've worked in
such, are welcome.  Please do not send me theoretical arguments:  I know
most of the theoretical pros and cons.  What I want/need are hard facts.
Alice H. Yucht
yucht@zodiac.rutgers.edu.

LM_NET Archive Home