Awhile back I posted a question about teaching atlas skills to 5th grade
students and had wonderful responses.  Also had many requests to post a hit
so here it is.
99% of the people who responded to my call for help recommended the student
books by Rand McNally for teaching skills.  I have since looked at 2 groups
of books by Rand McNally and decided to order a classroom set of each title.
 The first is "Beginner's Classroom Atlas" booklet for lower primary grades
and is "a literature based approach to teaching primary geography."  If we
begin to integrate atlas skills with younger grades, these same students will
have some idea of what we're talking about by the time they reach 4th-5th
grade.  The other set which was recommended by many people on the net is by
Rand McNally "Classroom Atlas" and is geared toward gr. 4-6 (maybe 7 gr) and
looks very good.  Several librarians said they already use it and have had a
great deal of success with this set.
Thanks to all who sent responses.

Bookheart
Noblesville, IN  46060