        WANTED: Your Valuable Ideas and Suggestions!!

A group of us are planning a Family Literacy Night for our elementary
school and would like to know if anyone has ever done this sort of thing,
or if you haven't, we would still love to hear your ideas and
suggestions.  The goals of this event include promoting first of all the
library program in general, and in addition to this, the joy of reading,
and the development of partnerships among our students, their families,
faculty, and various community resources.

Possible activities include read alouds by students, community members,
faculty, etc., make-it/take-it activities, a book sale, unlimited
borrowing of books in the library, passing out to parents literature on
literary, and door prizes.

We would really appreciate hearing about similar events anyone else has
pulled together.  What worked, what didn't, how did you promote the
event, what was the response, logistics, and so on.

Please send responses to me personally.  Mahalo (thank you) from Hawai'i!

LM_NET Archive Home