I was looking for science fiction books for 4th graders today and realized
how inadequate my whole science fiction collection is.  For younger readers
I have only Eleanor Cameron, John Christopher, The Danny Dunn books and the
Slobodkin books.  The only recent ones are Stinker from Space and the
sequel.  What suggestions do you have for more recent stuff, good for 4-5-6
grades?  I'll be happy to compile a list and post it.  Suggestions for
middle school would be great too.  Please indicate the level.  Thanks so
much.

Laurie Carter- Library/Information Teacher      3195 Woodside Rd.
Woodside Elementary School                      Woodside, CA 94062
                    lcarter@woodside.K12.ca.us
"Minds are like parachutes.  They only function when open."

LM_NET Archive Home