Touche!

Do you think we might use Oprah's "Librarian Bashing" as a serendipitous
opener?  Rather than counter-attacking, we can kindly offer to come on the
show to demonstrate what school librarians are really like and what we do
today, etc.  Maybe a display a cool multi-media project students prepared
in one of our stuffy old libraries?

Sandra J. Naylor  <sjnaylor@tenet.edu>
University of Texas at Austin

On Mon, 3 Apr 1995, Barbara Gaugel wrote:

>      School Librarians' image suffered a blow on Friday's Oprah
> show(3/31/95). When a guest related her difficulty in finding a school
> librarian position after obtaining her Library Science degree, Oprah
> responded with, "That's no surprise. Remember your school librarian? She
> was there 75 years before you got there." So, that would make us all at
> least 97 years old!
>
> Barbara Conte Gaugel
> Syracuse City School District
> Syracuse, New York