     "Hi, this is Susan Smith.  I would like to TARGET-> "good" reference CD
ROMs - especially dictionary and encyclopedia programs.  My brother-in-law
wrote me: "I'm looking for research media - in particular a good dictionary,
e.g. the Random House, or preferably the OED, and a good encyclopedia, not one
of these abridged things with animated speeches.  Do you know of a catalog or a
source I could call that has such things?"
     I checked several educational mail order catalogs and found very little.
I'd like to find out if others on LM_NET have been sucessful in finding a
source for these.  If people will respond to me, I'll compile your responses
and post A HIT-> on the topic back to the entire LM_NET."
TIA!  Susan

Susan Smith, Library Media Teacher
Local telementor
susansm@telis.org