Fellow Netters:
        Finally had our district tech guy over to install Microsoft
Bookshelf on CD-ROM. This was part of what we won from Linworth Publishing.
It came with Encarta, which looks great.  A serious warning however, on
Bookshelf-the dictionary has everything listed in it.  And I mean EVERYTHING!
Our tech guy had heard about this (I don't know where) and pointed out to us
what happens if you enter only 2 or 3 letters. If they're the right ones
what you get is a great list of swear words that I don't think most
elementary media centers want to see.  I called Microsoft and was told
(as I expected) that there is no way to edit or de-access parts of the CD-ROM
Needless to say I was very dissapointed. Hopefully, they'll correct this with
future editions.

Maxine Weisz
Burleigh Elementary School
Brookfield, WI
mweisz@omnifest.uwm.edu

"Weiner's Law of Libraries:   There are no answers, only cross references."